Sunday, March 22, 2020

Success and Failure Buying Not Lego on Aliexpress in 2019, Part 2



 I made this website to let you know about the latest Lego alternate, knock off and bootleg sets that I find on Aliexpress.  I also want to share with you my personal experiences that I've in using the Aliexpress shopping platform and hope that you find this information useful and helpful.

So I get a lot of questions in my comment section about finding reputable fake Lego sellers on Aliexpress and what I can say is that it's really fluid.  There are some shops/sellers that give great prices and service, only to disappear after a few months.  Then I've had well known fraudster stores that actually shipped me ridiculously cheap bootlego sets, then try to shaft me on the next order.

In this second of two parts blog post, I'm going to share with you, my personal success and failures in dealing with the various sellers and stores I had in the past for July through December of 2019.   

Ok, let's continue!

July 2019 stores - Success


Bicky Toy, Pleasure Shopping, Annaa Store, XingSheng Toy store

July 2019 stores - Failure


None!

August 2019 stores - Success


Buildmoc, Age Of Innocence store, Funtiming store, Dream Toys, Shop4403001, Morefun, Kacuu, Shop4616029, Dhp store

August 2019 stores - Failure


None!

September 2019 stores - Success


Buildmoc, Shop4616029 store, Transing store, Morefun

September 2019 stores - Failure


None!

October 2019 stores - Success


Hero Block, King Bear, Gikids

October 2019 stores - Failure


None!

November 2019 stores - Success


SuperGalio, Moc Bricks, Pengyuyan Store, Jjjkkk store,

November 2019 stores - Failure


Taiyang - never sent
SuperGalio - never sent

December 2019 stores - Success


Hero Block, Baby Cutes store, Changan store, Morefun, Shop5498092, Minifigures Toy store, Toy World store

December 2019 stores - Failure


Dream Toys - item not received
Luckk Toy - item never sent
Varus Store - item never sent

Final Word


In summary, you will find that I had a very small percentage of items that were never shipped or never received.  I received a full refund from Aliexpress after raising a dispute within the allotted timeframe.  The most egregious Aliexpress sellers are the ones that pretend to ship you an item and then give you a fake tracking number which never works.  In those cases, I definitely leave those stores negative feedback so that others can be more wary of dealing with them.

Don't let one or two bad apples on Aliexpress deter you from finding those great not Lego deals.    Hopefully, by me listing out those offending stores and also highlighting the good ones, you'll feel more confident about which stores to deal with.

How about you?  What successes and failures have you had buying not Lego on Aliexpress?  Did you get your money back or did you have lots of problems?  Please share your experiences in the comment box below.  Hope all your Aliexpress transactions are successful!   Don't forget to check out my latest not Lego reviews on my Its-Not-Lego blog and latest minifigure and MOC reviews on my BricksandFigs blog.   And please follow and like my Instagram @itsnotlego!   Bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. FOr the last year I've been buying pretty much mini-figs from Aliexpress, though I did get a couple of actual sets, sets that weren't actually Lego clones to be honest. I've not had any issues up until the last order when two of the figs I wanted were out of stock and they were supposed to replace them, but they didn't. No biggie they were each less than a buck.

    ReplyDelete